The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is requesting scholarship for students of progressing countries (except OFID Member Countries). This Scholarship is gifted for following Master’s degree studies in a applicable field of development, from any accepted university/college in the world. The OFID scholarship program ambition to support highly motivated students, highly driven individuals succeed one of the biggest challenges to their profession.
Description of Scholarship:
|OFID Scholarship Award for Developing |
Countries Students 2018
- The last date of this scholarship is 4 May 2018.
- The OFID Scholarship is awarded to the master (MS) degree students.
- The course of this scholarship will start from the month of August/September.
- The number of scholarship is not specifies.
- This scholarship is targeted to Nationals of developing countries (except OFID member countries).
- The Host Institution can be any recognized University/College throughout the world.
- This scholarship is for provided for Master’s Degree studies related to development: economics (consumption) of development (decreases in poverty, energy and sustainable development), atmosphere (desertification), or other belongs to science and technology fields.
Eligibility Criteria of Scholarship;
The applicants should be between the ages of 23 to 32 at the time of submitting application.
The applicants should have achieved or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree from an authorized college/university or its equal to.
The applicant should have a at least cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equal to.
The applicant should be matriculated at a recognized University for the upcoming academic year commencing from the month of August/September 2018 and should maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s (MS) Degree.
The applicant should be a national progressing country, please mention to the list of eligible countries at the official website. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible (Not Allowed) to apply.
The applicant should choose a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission like economics of development (decreases of poverty, energy and sustainable development), atmosphere (desertification), or other belong to science and technology fields.
Method of Applying:
The Applicants must complete the required documents such as:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Completed online application form
- The applicant’s passport scanned copy
- The last university degree or certificate scanned copy
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, consisting language proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university