The University of Karachi program is offering for the PhD M.Phil. M.S and MD so all interested students can apply for their wishes program. The entrance exam will take place on 15th May and whole the result will come on 23rd May. This admission has announced specially for the offered research institute of chemistry and Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular medicine and during research department.
The University of Karachi is a public research university which is located in Karachi, Pakistan. This university is one of the oldest university in Pakistan. This UoK was founded 1951 under the leadership of Oxford trained Dr. ABA Haleem and consists of 24,000 students full-time students and a campus size spanning over 1200 acres, which is largest university in Pakistan with a distinguished reputation for multi-disciplinary research in science and technology, medical research, and social sciences. The UoK spans over 53 Departments and 19 world-class research institutes operating under nine faculties and over 800 academic's and more than 2500 supporting staff working for the university of Karachi.
- The Karachi University Entrance Test will be held on Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Candidates are needed to report at 9:30 a.m. at the respective Departments/Centers/Institutes with Admit Card and with Original CNIC. For more information/details, visit UoK official website (www.uok.edu.pk ).
- The Admission Prospectus and Form can be downloaded from the official website which is linked at last. Complete the application form along with the needed documents & method fee (nonrefundable) of Rs. 4,000/- (Pay Order) in favor of UoK be submitted in the respective departments from April 20 to April 30, 2018. The Applicants for Ph. D. (Law) and M.S./M.D. are needed to attach processing fee (non-refundable) of Rs. 7,500/- (Pay Order) in favor of UoK to be submitted in the School of Law and BASR Section respectively. Incomplete application, late applications & through postage or courier will not be entertained.
- The UoK Entrance Test 2018 is mandatory for all the Applicants. List of allowed Applicant for appearing in Karachi University Entrance Test will be displayed on official website on May 08, 2018.
- The Applicant Allowed for UoK Entrance Test will be Needed to collect Admit Cards from May 08 to May 11, 2018 from the respective Departments/Centers/Institutes.
- List of Applicants who cleared the Karachi University Entrance Test will be announced on the UoK website on May 17, 2018.
|University of Karachi |
Admission Program in
PhD/M.Phil. M.S/MD, 2018
The Applicant must follow the Following Requirement:
For M.Phil.(with Course and Research Work) & M.S.(with Course Work “Terminating degree”):
The Minimum (16) Sixteen Years of Studies (M.A., MLIS, M.Sc., M.B.A., B.B.A.(4-year), M.A.S., M.Com., B.S.(4-year), B-Pharm, Pharm-D.,M.B.B.S., B.D.S., D.V.M., B.S./B.E. Engineering) or equal to qualification with at least second division in the acceptable field from an HEC (Higher Education Commission) recognized university/institution. So that the Applicant with with M.B.B.S., B.D.S., D.V.M. or equal to qualification will be needed to successfully complete 15-Credit Hour Courses (300-600 Level) before undertaking M.Phil. Courses (700 Level).
For M.S. (Surgery) & M.D. (Medicine):
M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. or equal to qualification from a accepted University in addition to one year house job with valid PMDC Registration.
M.S., M.Pharm., M.Phil., M.B.A.(with four year B.B.A.) LL.M. (applicable only for Faculty of Law) or its equal to qualification in the relevant field from an HEC recognized university. Those students who have not done the research work of 6 credit hours of M.Phil. the Thesis are not allowed for admission in Ph.D.
The Admission will be granted on the root of test and interview to be conducted by the respective Departmental Research Committee in accordance with the instructions given in the Admission Prospectus in 2018.