The University of Newcastle Australia is offering the applicant for PhD Scholarship Opportunities in Health Behaviour Research. UON stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence and to creating a better future for its regions through a focus on innovation and impact. The (UoN) University of Newcastle is an Australian public university which was founded in 1965, informally identify as Newcastle University, It has a primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
Description of Scholarship:
- The Last Date of the Scholarship is 15 July, 2018.
- The Host institute of the Scholarship is The (UoN) University of Newcastle.
- The course level of the scholarship is obtainable to pursue PhD programme.
- The Study Subject of the scholarship is awarded in Health Behavior Research. Scholarships are obtainable for applicant to work within the following programs:
ii) Area 2: Testing strategies to address challenges faced by people with dementia and their careers
iii) Area 3: Using e-health to improve health outcomes of older adults.
- The Advantage of scholarship include up to $1,500 relocation allowance and Overseas Student Health Cover at the single rate, for an international candidate.
- The duration of scholarship is $27,082 per annum (2018 rate) indexed annually. The living allowance scholarship is for 3.5 years and the tuition fee scholarship is for four (4) years
- The scholarship is eligible for the international Students.
- The number of scholarship is not specified.
- This scholarship will be given in Australia.
|Health Behaviour Research PhD Scholarship in Australia, 2018|
The applicant must the following Criteria:
The positions would suit candidates with training in behavioural science, medicine (consisting oncology and geriatric medicine), health behaviour, social science, public health, epidemiology, psychology, nursing or other allied health professions. Applicants that do not meet these criteria will not be considered. The Students are also expected to have a fundamental comprehending of quantitative statistical process or be willing to work toward this through completion of coursework (e.g. Bio-statistics A and B) or self-directed learning during their candidature. The Students are expected to enroll on a full-time basis. The University needed that full-time scholarship holders do not undertake paid employment of more than eight hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Scholarship holders may undertake additional paid employment outside of these hours.
Begin dates for each of the scholarships will be by negotiation; however, applicant must start their candidature by March 2019 for Area 1 (oncology), September 2018 for Area 2 (dementia) and November 2018 for Area 3 (e-health).
The applicant should have expert in English language so that he/she can continue his further study easily.
Method of Application:
- The Interested candidates should send an email expressing their interest, including scanned copies of their academic transcripts,
- CV (including GPA and any publications),
- A brief statement regarding your preferred area of research (i.e. either oncology,
- dementia, or e-health), and any other documents to support your Expression of Interest, to Briony.Johnston-at-newcastle.edu.au by 15 July 2018 at pm.