The Department of Political Science & Public Management at the (UoS) University of Southern Denmark offering the applicant for one or more PhD scholarships within the areas of welfare studies & public policy and/or border region studies which is starting in February 1, 2019.
The University of Southern Denmark is a university in Denmark which was founded in 1801. It has campuses located in Southern Denmark and on Zealand. It has 1604 Academic staff and 34,099 (Columbia) students.
Description of Scholarship:
|International PhD Scholarships in |
Welfare Studies at SDU, Denmark 2018-19
- The Last Date of the Application is 1st September, 2018.
- The Host institute of the Scholarship is University of Southern.
- The Course Level of the Scholarship is obtainable for pursuing PhD programme.
- The Study Subject of the Scholarship is gifted in Welfare Studies and/or Border Region Studies.
- The advantage of the scholarship is A 5+3 PhD programme spans over three (3) years (fully salaried), while the 4+4 programme runs for a period of four(4) years. I
- This scholarship is eligible for the all Nationalities to apply.
- The Scholarship course will start in February, 2019.
- The Number of Scholarships is one or more PhD scholarships.
- This Scholarship will be given in the country of Denmark.
The Applicant must meet the following criteria:
The entrance requirement of the scholarship is to qualify for a PhD scholarship; applicant must have a high academic level and be able to outline an original research project. The project is individual, but it should be related to the ongoing research in the relevant centre (see below). We are looking for applicant possessing personal qualities such as curiosity & a strong desire to understand and solve societal challenges. You must be able to work independently and in consultation with the PhD supervisor prioritize the different aspects of your work. Finally, you are expected to have good interpersonal skills, be interested in engaging with the national and international research community (your supervisor and the department will support you in this), be present and take part in the daily academic and social environments in Odense or Sønderborg.
The applicant should have English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Method of the Application:
The applicant should include following:
- Application form
- A project proposal, max 5 pages of 2400 characters each, including spaces, notes, appendices, bibliography etc. The project description must be anonym zed, i.e. it may not reveal your name or identity in any way. The total length in characters including spaces of the project description must be stated on the first page of the project description. If your name is mentioned in your project description or if the description exceeds the specified length, your application will be rejected without further assessment
- An abstract for the above project description of no more than 250 words
- A short letter with a motivated suggestion for a supervisor among the academic staff at the Department of Political Science and Public Management
- Detailed CV
- A certified copy of your master’s degree certificate including all examination results. In case of a possible 4+4 enrolment, a certified copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate and a transcribe of you master’s level examination results must be included
- Information on experience with teaching, dissemination, or scientific publication, if applicable
The mode of applying is online.