|Wellcome Masters Degree |
in UK, 2018
The Wellcome Trust is offering the scholarship for master’s degree level to international students to study in UK. This Fellowship normally provides up to 30 months’ support. A period of twelve (12) months should normally be committed to undertaking a taught master’s course at a recognised centre of outstanding, combined with up to 18 months to undertake a research project. The target of the scholarship is to support research that will improve public health & tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
The Wellcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, UK which was founded in 1936 with legacies from the pharmaceutical magnate Sir Henry Wellcome to fund research to improve human & animal health and in addition to funding biomedical research it supports the public understanding of science.
Description of the Scholarship:
- The Last Date of the application is 31 August, 2018.
- The Host institute of the scholarship is Wellcome Trust.
- The Course level of the scholarship is obtainable for research training at Master’s (Post Graduate) degree level. Master’s degrees by distance learning can be helped.
ii) Travel costs (eg outward and return airfares)
iii) Approved tuition fees, according to the rate charged by the training organisation.
iv) £120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses
- The duration of the scholarship is 30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project).
- This scholarship eligible for the international student to apply.
- This scholarship will be given in the country of UK.
- For more detail visit to official website which is linked at the end.
- The applicant must meet the following:
- The trust will consider applications that fall within the Public Health and Tropical Medicine Interview Committee remit. Applicants should be:
- A national or legal resident of a low- and middle-income country & hold a 1st degree in subject relevant to tropical medicine or public health (clinical or non-clinical)
- At a start stage in your career with limited research experience but have a demonstrated interest in or aptitude for research.
- In general, Fellowships may be held in not-for-benefit institutions that are able to sign up to our Grant Conditions. Institutions that have not previously received significant funding from us will be needed to submit information to enable us to assess eligibility. The Applications will not be considered by a decision-making committee until all eligibility checks have been completed.
- The Fellows must be based in a low- or middle-income country for their research project. The Trust does not provide Master’s schemes for UK/RoI-based researchers.
Method of Applying:The applicant should follow the below:
Please use WT Grant Tracker to complete your application. The application should consist details of your sponsor’s track record in training and a list of their other students at the institution. It must be helped by the head of the institution where the research will be root, and a career plan for the proposed candidate must be included. The full application will be reviewed by the relevant Interview Committee, which makes the final decision. Please note that applicant is not interviewed for these Fellowships.