The Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology is offering applications for the scholarships of prospective doctoral researchers commencing in 1 April 2019.
The Bielefeld University was created in 1969 with an explicit research assignment and a mission to provide high-quality research-oriented teaching. With far-reaching targeted to reform nearly every area of higher education, the University has made precious contributions to educational reform in Germany and upholds its interdisciplinary, innovative and reform-oriented character to this day.
|BGHS Doctoral International |
- The Last Date of the Applications is 30th September, 2018.
- The Host Institute of the scholarship is Bielefeld Graduate School.
- The Course Level of the Scholarships is accessible to pursue doctoral degree program.
- The Study Subject of the scholarship is both the broad range of research and teaching capacities in history and sociology at Bielefeld University as well as familiarity with the present state of research guarantees that a large spectrum of dissertation projects can be supervised. In history, thematic fields range from ancient to contemporary history and from political, social and cultural history to the comparative history of modern societies, as well as transnational and global history.
- In sociology, supervision can be provided in thematic areas like world society studies, social inequality, social policy, migration studies, sociology of networks or organizations and professions, just to name a few. Chairs in political science, didactic of social sciences and social anthropology further extend the scope of potential supervision. Teaching & supervisory capacities overlap in a considerable number of thematic fields.
- The Advantage of the scholarship is three years and include a stipend of EUR 1.365,- per month.
- This scholarship is eligible for the all Nationality.
- The Number of Scholarships is Up to six scholarships are accessible.
- The Scholarship will be given in Germany.
- The Course of the scholarship will start in 2019
The Applicant must meet the following Criteria:
The Applicants should hold a degree in the social sciences or the humanities, e.g. in history, sociology, political science, didactics of social sciences, social anthropology, gender studies, Inter-American Studies (IAS) or History, Philosophy, Since courses and Sociology of Science (HPSS). In the degree programme may be conducted in either English or German, you must have proficient skills in one of these two languages.
Method of Applying:The mode of application is online.
- University transcripts (Master’s certificate or a statement from your examination office that you have successfully completed your Master’s studies. All your grades, including the grade for your Master’s thesis, must be displayed in this statement).
- Curriculum Vitae CV (1,000 words max.), (guidelines)
- The short profile (template),
- Covering letter (600 words max.) (guidelines),
- Project description