The IAS CEU (Institute for Advanced Study at Central European University) in Budapest is provided to the applicant for the Fritz Thyssen Junior fellowships for the academic year 2019/2020. Fellowship is accessible in all research areas of the social sciences & humanities.
- The Applications should be submitted in before due date which is 05 October, 2018.
- The Host Institute of the scholarship is IAS CEU.
- The Course of the fellowship will be commencing in 2019.
- The Study Subject of the Fellowship is accessible for all research areas of the social sciences & humanities.
- The Course Level of the Fellowship is accessible to pursue research.
- The Advantage of the Scholarship is junior fellows receive a net monthly stipend of 2,000 Euros to support their stay in Budapest. In addition, all fellows & their families get housing at the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse. Utilities at the Guesthouse will be take action to the fellows.
- This scholarship is allowed to all Nationality.
- The Number of Scholarships is not known.
- This Scholarship will be given in Hungary.
The applicant must meet the following Criteria:
- candidate must hold a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) or equal to in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
- Only those with publications in internationally specified scholarly outlets are encouraged to apply.
- The All nationalities are encouraged to apply for this type of fellowship. We have no thematic restrictions (other than expecting proposals in the social sciences & humanities only).
- Full-time CEU employees and students are not allowed to apply for five (5) years after the terminating of their studies/contract (degrees must be received & contracts must have terminated by December 31, 2013, or earliest).
- Part-time/temporary employees of CEU are not allowed for one (1) year after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2017, or earlier).
- Former fellows of IAS CEU are not eligible to apply until a period of 7 years has passed since their previous fellowship. Applications may be considered only in exceptional cases.
- Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and CEU.
- The applicant should have a command in English language so tha he can write application in English language and usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level needed by the University.
|IAS CEU Thyssen Research Fellowships|
candidate should submit the applications through our online application system with application files sent in an e-mail. This year’s application form will be open commencing from 4 July 2018.
Method of Application:
Step 1: make a single pdf file no larger than 12 MBs containing your entire application package and send it to the IAS applications-at-ceu.edu e-mail address. The name of the pdf file and the subject of your e-mail must include your name and the type of fellowship you are applying to. (Example: “Application John Smith – Core Junior Fellowship”)
Please note that incomplete applications, when either the web form is not filled in or the pdf application package is not sent, will not be considered. You will receive a confirmation of receipt of your application package shortly from IAS.
Step 2: Go to the Application Form for the Academic Year 2019/20 at the IAS CEU website, and fill in all your data as needed.
Please note that you cannot save your work and continue filling in the form at a later time, so you are asked to submit your application when you have all the information & materials ready! I complete forms or applications submitted in any other way than what is described in this Call will not be considered.
loading...The applicant should send their application package that you should send in pdf should contain the following documents:
- A 10-15 page description of your research project, which consists a discussion on the state of your research (including references to publications if these exist already), the research outline, theories and methods (consisting short bibliography), time schedule and work plan
- A CV including a list of up to five of your most important publications. Please also consist the name and email address of 2 referees (for potential reference).
- A letter of intent (maximum 1,500 words)
- The abstract of your research project (maximum. 150 words)
- The description of your research project (minimum. 1,000 – max. 2,500 words)