Introduction:The Government of Canada founded the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and keep hold of world class doctoral students & produced Canada as a global center of outstanding in research and higher learning and demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences &engineering and health.
|Vanier Graduate Scholarships |
(Vanier CGS) in Canada 2018-19
- The Last Date of the application is 31 October, 2018.
- The Host institute of the scholarship is Vanier CGS allocation.
- The Course Level of the Scholarships is accessible for Following PhD level at Canadian Universities.
- The Study Subject of the Scholarship is provided to study any one of the courses offered by the Canadian Universities.
- The advantage of the scholarships is Graduate Scholarship is valued at $50,000 each year.
- The Number of Scholarships is Up to 166 scholarships are gifted annually: A total of up to 500 scholarships are active at any time.
- This scholarship is eligible for all Nationality.
- The Scholarship will be given in Canada.
The Candidates must meet the following Criteria:
- The Candidates should be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- The Candidates should be following your 1st doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate/ Bachelor research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, and JD/PhD. if it has a demonstrated and significant research component.
- The Candidates should hold of to follow, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is allow for funding;
- The Candidates should have obtained a first class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last 2 years of full-time study or equivalent. The applicant is encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first class average.
- The Candidates must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- The applicant should not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2019
Method of Applying:The Candidates are commence in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate or bachelor studies at the elected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination method by contacting the wishes candidate.
The Candidates are put together by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline utilizing the Research Net application system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Bunting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 31 October 2018.