Introduction:Applications are invited for IBioIC Collaborative Training Partnership (CTP) PhD Programme – Call for Projects #6. IBioIC will only award a PhD studentship for projects of 4 years in duration.
- Applications Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The project topic must align with one or more of the five major themes of IBioIC.
- The Project topic must align with one or more of the five major themes of IBioIC: Sustainable Feedstocks
- Scholarship Award: The funding available will differ depending on which funding stream is applied for. Applicants can apply to one or both of the available funding streams if the funding criteria are met. In summary, the funding available is as follows:
- BBSRC funded projects: BBSRC will cover full studentships costs in relation to RCUk fees and stipend with a £5000 per year RTSG.
- IBioIC funded projects: IBioIC will cover up to 50% of the full studentship costs in relation to RCUK fees and stipend including a £5000 consumables, travel and training annual budget.
- Nationality: This studentship is available to UK, EU and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: The number of PhD Projects to be awarded in this sixth IBioIC PhD competition are as follows: BBSRC funded CTP studentships: 14 Scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Enzymes and Biocatalysis/Biotransformation
Cell Factory Construction and Process Physiology
Downstream Processing e. Integrated Bioprocessing
With regards to recruitment, applicants can be from the UK, EU or International. However, at the application stage, the fees are assumed to be that of a UK student and any additional fees relating to international recruitment will need to be met by the Academic Partner.
English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Method of applying:
In order to enter this competition, the Project Lead should submit the entry form (‘IBioIC Project #6_FINAL’) and relevant funding spreadsheet(s) to the IBioIC Skills Team (skills-at-ibioic.com) before 1st October 2018 (12 noon). Please refer to downloadable file ‘IBioIC PhD Competition_1920 Final’ for detailed information related to submissions. In order to enter this competition, the IBioIC Project #6 Entry Form must be completed and returned with requested supporting documentation. Appendix 3 contains instruction relating to the completion of this form which is downloaded as a separate form (Word format). The Project Lead should complete this and submit their entry to the IBioIC Skills Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 1 st October 2018 (12 noon). The intention is to keep entry requirements to a minimum whilst still supplying enough information to allow reviewers to make an informed decision on the relative merit of each project. The Review Panel may request further information on the Project.