Introduction:THE RCA Artificial Intelligence and Voice is offering to applicant to those who hold MA (Master of Arts) or MRes in accepted field of study at the Royal College of Art (RCA).
The Royal College of Art (RCA) is a public research university in London, UK. . It provide postgraduate (Master’s) degrees in art and design to students from over 60 countries; it is the only entirely postgraduate (Master’s) art and design university in the world.
- The Last Date of this application is 13 Aug 2018.
- The Course Level of the scholarship is obtainable to pursue PhD.
- The Subject of the scholarship is awarded in the area of artificial intelligence.
- The benefit of the Scholarship benefit is mentioned below:
- ii) £550 per annum to support travel to IBMiX
- iii) Stipend valued at £14,777 + £2,000 London weighting per annum (pro rata) (UK students only)
- iv) A full fee waiver for the duration of their PhD studies at the RCA
- v) Access to additional TECHNE funding:
- vi) PhD supervision from RCA and IBMiX staff
- vii) Access to the TECHNE training events programme, including a welcome event, student organized conferences, two residential congresses per year, ongoing workshops, conferences and development opportunities
- viii) Work space and access to specialist facilities
- The Number of scholarship neither is nor specified.
- The scholarship will be takenin UK.
It is desirable that the Applicant has working knowledge of research procedure and forms of analysis consisting, but not exclusive to, communication and arts practice, multi modality, voice and conversation theory.
The candidate should hold an MA or MRes in a accepted field of study. The Applicant will bring to this project an in-depth Comprehending of communication, art and sound practice and the wider theoretical and philosophical debates emerging in the field of AI research.
The applicant should have a command in English which are generally required to provide prrof of proficiency in English at the higher level needed by the University.
The Applicant will have an active interest and experience in computational culture, sonic theory and ideally, but not necessarily, interaction design.
Procedure of Application:
- Applicant should submits all needed documents before the deadline to the RCA Online Application System (PhD application)
- The school will review the applications, assigning scores to each section in line with the TECHNE selection process.
- The highest rated applicants will be invited to interview.4. During the interview, the applicant’s answers will be scored in line with the TECHNE and AHRC selection criteria.
- The school and IBMiX will review the scores and select the applicant with the highest ranking.
- The TECHNE Management Group will review the selected application, and an offer will be sent to the successful candidate.
- All candidates will be needed to submit the following documents to the RCA before the deadline:
Following requirement is required:
- Education transcripts
- Additional statement of up to one side of A4 demonstrating what they will bring to the project, how it fits with their previous experience and interests, and how they will shape the project.
- RCA PhD online application
- Equal chances monitoring form